Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 12.10, VMWare player, and Windows 7.

On some versions of Ubuntu, maybe all versions, when you reboot there is a message on the screen to hit Enter or Space to continue.  It maybe that it only does this if there is a CD mounted.

Give the JAWS Convenience OCR a try.  It should give you good results in this case because it is has good contrast, white characters on a black background.  For best results, in VMware, hide the toolbars and sidebar and maximize the window.  I had originally asked Freedom Scientific for this feature just for this purpose, working with Virtual Machines.  I even gave them an OCR feature I added into my JAWS Script.  Their implementation is much better because you can interact with the results!

Don Marang
Vinux Package Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org