Re: [orca-list] Accerciser error: GtkShadowType' has no attribute

2012/10/12 esolve esolve <esolvepolito gmail com>:
HI,

    I just installed Accerciser, but when I run it through command line, it
throws error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/accerciser", line 76, in <module>
    accerciser.main()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/accerciser/__init__.py", line
35, in main
    main = Main()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/accerciser/accerciser.py",
line 62, in __init__
    self.window = AccerciserMainWindow(self.node)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/accerciser/main_window.py",
line 51, in __init__
    self._populateUI(node)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/accerciser/main_window.py",
line 87, in _populateUI
    sw.set_shadow_type(gtk.ShadowType.IN_)
AttributeError: type object 'GtkShadowType' has no attribute 'IN_'

how to deal with this?
thanks!

Hi!

First of all, in which environment are you working on? Distribution,
GNOME desktop version, accerciser version and so will be appreciated.

BTW, it seems that you're using and old and unstable version of
accerciser or some of its dependecies are outdated.

IIRC this error appeared in 3.5.3 release of accerciser, it was
motivated by a change in pygobject and was fixed in the 3.5.4 release.

If you have all the components up-to-date, and you're still getting
such problems, feel free to file a bug in bgo [1].

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Javi.

[1]: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=accerciser