From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Al Sten-Clanton
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 11:38 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Orca on my Fedora 17: big-time key problem

Greetings!

I've been using my new Linux machine with some decent luck since Sunday.
  It's running Fedora 17, as the subject line says, and Orca 3.4 something.
I presume the version of Gnome is essentially the same.

This morning, somehow, the keystrokes screwed up.  When I hit the spacebar,
for example, I get Orca preferences; even then, I must hit escape to
actually get to the various preferences.  When I hit the letter t by itself,
I often get the time, and this should require using the Orca key.  The
pass-through should require the Orca key plus the backspace, but pressing
the backspace alone does this today.  In order to type a command, I had to
precede each of its keystrokes with the backspace.  All of this has made
using that machine mighty difficult.

I seem to have been using Firefox when this occurred.  I do not know how it
happen, though.  I checked the list of key bindings for Orca, and all seemed
as it should.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Al