Re: [orca-list] New feature: Cycle amongst the speech-dispatcher capitalization styles

On 11/30/2012 03:56 PM, Josà Vilmar EstÃcio de Souza wrote:
Hi Joanie.
Are there plans to implement the same for orca 3.6?

No. GNOME freezes strings, UI, features, etc. for the stable branch.
Only high-impact, low-risk bug fixes should go into 3.6. So even if I
were going to do another 3.6.x release, I couldn't add this change to
that release.

I am assuming that 3.6.3 will be releasead some day.

It was already as a critical one-bug fix for 3.6.2. However, the last
official release of GNOME 3.6 was 3.6.2.

And, yes, I know that Ubuntu has decided to not release GNOME 3.8, but
rather stick with 3.6. That is most certainly their right. Since you use
Ubuntu, perhaps you could check with them regarding either a PPA or
cherry-picking patches.

Alternatively, are you an Ubuntu user by choice or by workplace
requirement? If the former, I think the Arch accessibility package
maintainers are Orca users (right??). So they could (I assume and hope)
make packages for Orca 3.8 and its dependencies. Similarly, I'm going to
look into what is involved in making Fedora packages as Fedora 18 is the
environment in which I develop Orca, in addition to using personally.
And JHBuild is 1000 different kinds of a pain in the butt.

Sorry. Take care.
--joanie