Re: [orca-list] GNOME 3.6 with gnome-shell: I'm impressed so far

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. <n1ea arrl net> wrote:
Is there a Debian repository for GNOME 3.6 and needed dependencies?

Not as far as I know, but you can expect packaging to commence quickly after
the forthcoming Debian release, whenever that is. (It could be Gnome 3.8 by
then, of course).

Unless there's something in 3.6 that you really need, it would be best to
wait. If you really can't stand Debian's release policy, then Arch Linux might
be more to your liking - they never freeze the distribution and therefore
never make "releases" in the traditional sense.