Re: [orca-list] another playable Windows game under Wine

Hi Kyle,

On 11/8/12, Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:
Sadly, this appears not to be the problem. I can hear game sounds if I
press enter on a random game, but the SAPI speech is not working. I even
tried padsp, but I got exactly the same result: game sound effects, but
no speech.

Hmmm...Which version of Sapi are you using. Are you using the Opensapi
for Wine, or are you installing the official Microsoft Sapi 5.1
installation for Windows?

The reason I ask is the last time I had the Kitchen's Inc games
running under Wine I used Opensapi rather than the Microsoft
installation and Monopoly, NFL, and a few other games ran under Wine
without any issues with speech.