Re: [orca-list] Using a braille display without routing keys

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 07:46:14PM +0100, timothyhobbs seznam cz wrote:
Hello,
I have an experimental 12 cell braille display here at home. It works with
BRLTTY and displays text with orca just fine. Unfortunately at this stage
of the display's development it has no routing keys. Is it possible to move
When you say "routing keys", do you mean cursor routing keys, or no
scrolling buttons of any kind?

the braille buffer through some orca hotkey? I'd like to be able to jump
forward 12 characters at a time. For example. When I navigate to the File
menu I might read "OpenÂÂ Ctrl" but not be able to see the letter of the
hotkey after the "Ctrl" I need some way to scroll the buffer to the right so
I can see it.
If you go to the key binding tab of Orca preferences, you should find a
"pans the braille display to the left/right" optopn to which you can
assign a key binding.

HTH

Cheers,
S.M.