Re: [orca-list] GNOME Shell Dialogs

Hi Joanie,
On 05/31/2012 10:47 PM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey Krishnakant.

On 05/31/2012 01:10 PM, Krishnakant Mane wrote:

Hopefully the gnome guys will also make the launcher and other menus
accessible soon.
Could you please clarify what you mean here? The GNOME Shell Dash and
Overview (from which applications can be launched) should be accessible.
Ditto for the GNOME Shell menus.

Last time I tryed gnome shell, Orca did not read those menus.
I had to type in the - pain the name of the application which I wish to open. Although typing first few letters of the app would give it to me, it would still be better if we had an accessible launcher menu like that in Unity 2d.

Last I herd on tis mailing list, the menus were not accessible with Orca, and typing the name of the application was the only way.
I would be happy to be wrong.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.