Re: [orca-list] Logging out of Gnome shell 3.4

Hello, Jason.

Firstly, an alternative to using the Log Out menu (if you do not already know this) is to use the CTRL+ALT+DELETE keyboard shortcut.

I just tested this with Orca (using CTrL+ALT+DELETE). Here are a few of my observations (from what I can see on screen with teh magnifier and with Orca):

First (from what I see with magnification), when the log out window appears, you are given a 60 second delay before you are automatically logged out.

Second, the focus (at least on my Ubuntu 12.04 system under GNOME Shell 3.4.2) seems to be placed by default on the Log Out button, so I can just hit ENTER once to activate the button and log out of the session. I also notice that the value for the time delay before the automatic log out changes every ten seconds (e.g. "60", "50", "40", etc).

Finally, as concerning Orca, sometimes (for me) Orca acknowledges the Log Out window's presence when it opens by saying "Window". At times, Orca reads the buttons in the window as well (the only buttons present in this window are "Cancel" on bottom left-hand corner of the window and "Log Out" on the bottom right-hand corner), but this behavior is not consistent. Most of the time the window is completely silent.

I am sorry that I cannot be of any further help right now, but I hope that these observations will be of even a little help to you.

Take care.
Alex Midence<alex midence gmail com>  wrote:
Try hitting enter twice.   That usually does it for me.  The
shutdown screen doesn't get read for some reason.  I think you are
where it is asking if you want to shutdown, restart or log out of
user.   Your cursor should be on shutdown.
I tried pressing enter several times, but with no luck.

Note that I'm selecting the "log out" menu option, not "poweroff", which is
definitely not what I want.