[orca-list] a suggestion/ idea for a faster file manager

Hello all,
Off hand I can't really remember which file manager is used on Adriane Knoppix on lxde desktop, but an Idea crossed my mind? I am not into graphics based library although my programming brain can't find a way to unjustify this idea.
Why can't we have that same file manager run on Gnome?
If LXDE does use gtk based things and given that we can use KDE based apps on Gnome, why can't we run the lxde based file manager in Gnome? Infact if we can get KDE based apps on Gnome, LXDE seems to be a closer friend.
Any suggestions?
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.