Re: [orca-list] orca and lxde

I know that, at least in Lubuntu, OpenBox is the window manager which is used.

On 05/11/2012 08:58 AM, Luke Yelavich wrote:
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 03:28:36AM PDT, Bohdan R. Rau wrote:
Hi.
I just tried to run Orca with LXDE on VirtualBox.
Menu is accessible - but only menu. Orca does not announce switching
windows and workspaces.
What window manager is being used? It may need work to be accessible.

LX terminal is accessible.
I'd say that this is because its using VTE, the same terminal emulation library that GNOME terminal uses, i.e
VTE compatible with GTk2.

Firefox is completely inaccessible - why?
Possibly because you either don't have the gconf key /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility set to true, or
the environment variable GNOME_ACCESSIBILITY=1 set in the firefox shell environment. There is also a chance
that GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge is not set in Firefox's environment either.

Luke