shell out because it was severely broken at the time.  I don't
remember what I did so I'm asking now, what option do you change to go
back to gnome shell.

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 09:28:02AM -0500, Alex Midence wrote:
I'm with the crowd that favors the use of the super key for this functionality.  Btw, very good work on the
a11y of this interface.  I tried it back in 3.0 and 3.2 and was not able to get very far.  3.4 is very
nice.  I would use it if my ram was higher.  Thank you.

Alex M

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Piñeiro
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 1:56 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] About Ctrl+Alt+Tab switcher contents on GNOME Shell

Hi,

I would like to ask to the users a question about Ctrl+Alt+Tab switcher contents on GNOME Shell.

As with GNOME2 if you press Ctrl+Alt+Tab, a switcher appears so you can select a region of the desktop. In
the case of GNOME3, the content of this switcher depends on current mode, as in each case what GNOME Shell
presents to the user is different. On normal mode this switcher contents is usually: "Top panel" and
"Desktop". During activities overview (you can go there by pressing top panel "Activities" button or
"Alt+F1") the contents is usually: "Top panel", "Dash", "Windows", "Applications" and "Search".

For me this behaviour is fine, in the sense that Ctrl+Alt+Tab switcher is filled by the different sections
of the desktop that the desktop are showing at that moment.

But recently some people (first one Juanjo Marin), suggested that could be fancy if the switcher contents
are always the same, in the sense of containing any possible section of the desktop, no matter if it is
being exposed at that moment or not. In that way, if you want to go to the Dash (where you put your list of
favourite apps), you could just press
Ctrl+Alt+Tab at any moment.

Although I understand the rationale for that, IMHO, the current behaviour is more coherent, and I prefer
that. Anyway, as some people said that they would prefer a different behaviour, just asking to get feedback.

What do you think? Opinions? Thoughts?

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias