[orca-list] Skype

I am trying to install skype 2.2 on a 64bit install of Ubuntu 12.04. I think all of the required parts are installed, but when I start it, all of the windows are inaccessible; I can't even get past the license agreement. Does anyone have any ideas how to get it up and running? I happened to be able to install it on a 32bit VM, but other than the 32/64bit difference, I don't know what would make such a huge difference.