[orca-list] problems building master

Hello,
I'm having a problem building some of the orca dependencies from git.

I have automake-1.12 installed on my archlinux machine.  When I try building at-spi2-atk and pyatspi, autogen.sh fails with the following.

checking for automake >= 1.9...
  testing automake-1.11... not found.
  testing automake-1.10... not found.
  testing automake-1.9... not found.
***Error***: You must have automake >= 1.9 installed.

Why are these packages only testing up through 1.11?  Is there anything I can do to get them to recognize my automake-1.12 from the main archlinux
repositories?

At-spi2-core and atk both appear to have built.  Orca also builds, but has some trouble when running (presumably from not having the latest at-spi2-atk
and pyatspi).

Thank you:-)