Re: [orca-list] problems with flat review when using terminal

Hey again JosÃ.

So in Fedora Rawhide (aka unstable), I was able to reproduce the
problem. Then I upgraded to the latest AT-SPI2 (core and atk) from
master and I couldn't reproduce it. So I tried and tried and tried and
I was able to reproduce the Caps Lock + U symptom extremely rarely. But
now that I'm actively trying to debug it, I cannot reproduce it no
matter how hard I try. So.... Rather than reverse the AT-SPI2 patch as I
previously suggested, I'm wondering if you've tried pulling the latest
AT-SPI2 to see if that doesn't improve the situation.

Mind you, I do acknowledge that there is some weird thing happening
somewhere 'cause I saw it myself. But if it's extremely rare and not
reliably reproducible, perhaps the thing to do is just keep on the
lookout for it. The benefit we're getting from the change to AT-SPI2 is
that it's now extremely hard to lock up your entire desktop because of
an AT; without the change, it was admittedly kind of easy to do so.

Once we have a pretty reliable test case, we can file a bug and Mike and
I will dig into it. Ok??

Thanks again! Take care.
--joanie