Re: [orca-list] Wine apps in Orca?

Hi Petr,

In my experience running accessible games under Wine is pretty much
hit or miss. Besides installing the dependencies required for each
game certain games will behave strangely under Wine. Shades of Doom,
for instance, will crash suddenly for no apparent reason when pressing
enter to open a door. Other games I've tried have similar problems,
unexpected crashes, and eventually I became frustrated and gave up on
using Wine for gaming.

With Final Conflict I've found the biggest problem is getting all the
dependencies installed.  If memory serves me correctly the last build
was for .NET 3.0, and the latest version that you can install on Wine
is 2.0.Then, you need the corr DirectX 9.0C libraries as well as the
Managed DirectX libraries for .NET. It is in my opinion to much of a
hassle to get all that installed, and is one very big reason I'm in
the process of porting the game to Linux natively.

Cheers!