Re: [orca-list] State of development of the Opensapi project

Hello how do you get ivona for linux?
I can't find a demo or a purchase page on there website.
Hank
On 6/22/2012 10:55 PM, Bohdan R. Rau wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 08:51:49 +0200, Petr BlÃha wrote:
does anybody know what is the state of the opensapi project
development, was it cancelled or is it still in progress?
Project looks like simply forgotten - I tried to contact authors but with no effect.

So i would like to ask you, if someone have experience with Opensapi,
can you tell mo how it really works and what may i do to make it work
with windows voices in my Ubuntu 12.04?

I experimented with Ivona (windows version). Instalation is relatively simple, as Ivona installers are self-voicing. On Ubuntu 12.04 due to unknown reason I must install SAPI again after installing Ivona. I had also some Ivona-specific issues (demo version does not work on Ubuntu 12.04, but it's not very big problem as Ivona users should have license).

Or is there any other solution to use native windows voices in linux?

I tried to make Opensapi more usable. I added new functionality to opensapi server code, and I wrote simple C library for retrieving data from server. I also wrote speech-dispatcher module working with Ivona voices (Polish language only) which uses sonic to change pitch and rate. As my code is Polish language specific - probably it may be not directly usable to non-Polish speakers, but may be good start point for developers.

All related files you can download from my website:

http://tts.polip.com/files/ivol_sapi51.tar.gz - all you need to run opensapi server on Wine or Windows http://tts.polip.com/files/libivolektor-0.1.10.tar.gz - C library for communication with opensapi server and native Ivona http://tts.polip.com/files/sd_milvona-0.1.7.tar.gz - sound-dispatcher module for Polish speakers (Milena and Ivona) http://tts.polip.com/files/milena-0.2.53.8.tar.gz - natural text preprocessor for Polish language (needed for milvona module)

ethanak