Re: [orca-list] planning to buy a new laptop

Dominique <m fio so> wrote:
I plan to buy a laptop, and install Debian in dual boot with windows.
I tried this once with Fedora on my current (old) computer, but Orca
was buggy in full screen mode.

My question is: won't there be any bug if the laptop I am going to
buy doesn't have any graphic card, but only some Intel graphics on
the motherboard?

As I understand it, the Linux drivers for Intel graphics hardware are written
by Intel developers, so if it gives you the video performance you need then
you can certainly choose a laptop with an Intel graphics controller.

I would recommend having a look at http://www.linuxlaptops.org/ before buying
anything.

Note that as of Gnome 3, magnification is handled by Gnome Shell, not by Orca,
so if your problems were magnification-related then Gnome 3 may, or may not,
provide better results, but either way, Orca isn't directly involved anymore.

Also note that there are vendors who sell laptops with Linux pre-installed
and who do all of the hardware compatibility research for the products they
offer. There may be a Linux laptop distributor in your country - you should do
some research online.