Re: [orca-list] Changing Search Engines in Firefox

Thanks for the reply, Krishnakant.

I learned something new from your e-mail. I did not know that ALT+Down would show the list of available search engines. This will definitely make things a lot easier for me. When pressing CTRL+ALT+K to get into the search field in Firefox, you can also press CTRL+Down and CTRL+Up to change search engines "on the fly" without opening the list of installed engines. The icon for the search engine changes visually, but there is no audio feedback to show that a change has taken effect. Thank you for sharing about ALT+Down. I probably did not notice it because I had ALT+Down mapped to Zoom Out on the GNOME shell Magnifier, so I do not think it would have worked for me in Firefox.

In any case, thanks for the confirmation.

Although this may not have a lot of precedence, should I still report this as a bug, do you think?

Take care.