Re: [orca-list] Empathy and Orca

Yes, I have been very satisfied with Pidgin for the most part.  There
are some areas that I don't care for how it handles things though
which is why I'm exploring Empathy.  The biggest of these is that my
system freezes up entirely whenever Pidgin notifies me that a buddy
has either gone offline or come online on my Precise installation.
This doesn't happen on Debian Squeeze so, I'm thinking it's a bug with
either the latest Orca, At-spi, or Pidgin.  The other reason is that
I'm currently on a kick to try and use the integrated features of
Gnome as much as posible as they stand to save me time and effort if
applied correctly or, at least, that's my thinking.  Take Gwibber for
instance.  Sending a tweet or updating my wall on facebook can be done
from anywhere just by clicking on the Update Status button on the
Message menu.  It is fast and very convenient.  If similar integration
exists for other applications, I want to avail myself of it.  Trouble
is, all that stuff isn't on the same page with regards to
accessibility.

Enjoy your trip to Kerala.  I hear the food there is delicious.

Alex M