Re: [orca-list] GNOME Shell Dialogs

Hi Krishnakant,

On 5/31/12, Krishnakant Mane <krmane gmail com> wrote:

So what should I do to get the accessible shell?

If you are running Ubuntu 12.04 open up gnome-terminal and do
"sudo apt-get install gnome-shell"
and it will grab everything you need for an accessible Gnome 3.4 environment.

Can I access the menus like that in Unity 2D?

Its a little tricky to get around to the menus etc, but yes. If you
press alt+f1 you can alt+control+tab between the dash etc.

Are the keyboard shortcuts similar in gnome shell?

Yes and no. Unity is basically a derivative of Gnome so there are
similarities, but you'll want to get a complete list of keyboard
shortcuts for Gnome 3.4 to familiarize yourself with the desktop. Plus
you can always setup custom shortcuts in gnome-control-center so you
have the freedom to assign commands to whatever shortcut keys you
want.

Cheers!