Re: [orca-list] orca in talking streaming tv devices?

Hello,
In fact are there apps you can recommend for watching dvb-t / dvb-s?
or the only 100 % all the time option is mplayer?
What about gnome dvb daemon project which also includes totem plugin for watching these? A while ago I was using ann app called me-tv which is no longer in development plus it may not work well with ubuntu 12.04 as I have read. I havent tryed it yet but I am trying to update my setup from older vinux to ubuntu 12.04 and am looking for a decent app for watching satelite programmes. I know tvheadend is a perfect app for handling tuning, managing channels but it doesnt allow watching. for that showtime media player or xbnc are advised and I dont think any of these are accessible. Then there is VDR which has a lot of plugins however its primary user interface is the osd menu so again not verry much luck for a blind user. Ideally I would love to have something I can use from the desktop, can display channel list and possibly record shows. I dont need automatic recording I just would to be able to record when I like it.

I will be playing with this stuff in coming days and weeks so maybe I will be able to find something what works for me but if anyone is already using something from what I have just mentioned or even something else I would be happy to get some advices.

Greetings

Peter