Re: [orca-list] Introduce myself and ask for help

Hello,

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 03:39:40PM -0300, Biblioteca SimÃn Rodriguez wrote:
That's why the thing got my attention, but another problem turned out, in
Argentina almost everybody uses windows as os and jaws as a screen reader.
I believe most of the world does, which is really a shame, but
especially for ddisabled people who end up having to pay for accessibility
technology. (OT: tthere is now a free screen-reader for Windows called
NVDA: as I haven't touched a computer running windows for nearrly
thirteen years, I can't say whether it is good or not, but it is an
alternative of which you should be aware.). As for Orca, your best bet
is probably to read the manual and learn to use it yourself. Which
applications would your students be using mostly?

Hopefully, someone with greater Orca experience (I don't use the
graphical interface much) will jump in with more helpful information.

Cheers,
S.M.