From: Alex Midence <alex midence gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:12:39 -0600
Subject: Re: [orca-list] netbeans accessibility
To: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain gmail com>

You know, if you really need netbeans, you may want to try and track
down a man named Andreas Stefik.  He's out of Washington state, I
believe.  He's part of a group that teaches computer science to blind
people.  Anyway, his group released a self-voicing version of netbeans
they call sodbeans.  I know it works on Windows but have no idea
whether or not it works in Linux.  He's on the program-l list, last I
knew,  and may be able to provide some guidance if you absolutely must
have netbeans for a class or something.  Barring that, Eclipse is
extremely nice.  I'm one of those partial to Emacspeak as well but, if
you are doing a class, you really want to concentrate on learning how
to code and not how to learn your way around something so complex as
emacs or emacspeak until you've got a few lines of code under your
belt.  Eclipse does have something of a learning curve but, I don't
think it's as high for Java programmers as JDE (Emacs' java
development ide) would be for you.

Just my two cents,
Alex M