Re: [orca-list] netbeans accessibility

Hi Thomas,
Beyond doubt emacs is salvation and bliss.
But it definitely had a learning curve.
If that is ok with people then I would say its great.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.

On 29/01/12 18:13, Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi,

I wouldn't say Eclipse is the only accessible IDE for blind Java
developers as I use to do a fair amount of my Java programming in good
old GNU Emacs, but I agree that Eclipse is preferable over Netbeans.
If you don't absolutely have to program in Netbeans then do yourself a
favor and don't. The people who teach programming courses and write
the course materials don't know anything about software accessibility,
and tend to teach using tools they like and use which often suck
lemons when it comes to screen reader access.