[orca-list] any checklist for vinux 3.2 with orca for achieving perfect result?

Hello all,
I have got an opportunity to try vinux 3.2 or Ubuntu 11.04 on a new 2 gb ram netbook with 12 inch and dual core atom processor. Can any one just tell me what all should be configured to have a perfect experience? Last time I tryed vinux 3.2, I actually lost the alt + f1 combination and there was no application menu.
this happened as soon as I took the updates.
Can any one please tell me if I can use the latest orca 3.3.4 with all the latest updates including thunderbird and firefox?

Also I would like to have a list of any new keyboard shortcuts which I must learn for either unity 2d or gnome 3 shell, which ever is suggested to be for daily use. I have been using free software and free OS exclusively for last 5 years and so can put up with little work arounds if needed. I am one person with very busy schedule and don't even use a dual boot machine with a proprietory OS called windows. So please let me know if any thing needs work around, I can spend time for this because its worth it for me.
If 11.04 is not the best bet, then should it be ubuntu 11.10?
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.