Re: [orca-list] IM clients

In Pidgin, you can have the title of each chat prepended to the message
being spoken. This will help determine where the different messages are
coming from, but it does get a bit chatty. You can also control whether
you hear messages from chat windows that don't have the focus. There's
also a setting to be notified when your buddies are typing, but it
doesn't seem to work for me. I'm in enough chats though, that I've never
been tempted to turn this on except just to play with it. When using
Orca+f1 through Orca+f10 to hear the last 10 messages spoken, you can
configure whether this is the last ten global messages from any chat or
just the last 10 messages in the chat that has the focus. This is a very
handy feature. To get to these features, just use Orca+control+space
while in a Pidgin chat window to bring up the Orca preferences for
Pidgin and check out the Pidgin tab.