Re: [orca-list] You know you're old when ... (was Re: Proposal: Remove the emacspeak suppport)

Hi,

 Lol! This brings back some memories. Those old Dec Express units from
the early 90's were infamous for having bad connections. You had to
sometimes slap them around a bit to get them to talk, and when you did
get it working don't move it or you might lose speech again. My father
ended up fixing my Dec Express by taking it a part and finding the
source of the bad connection and fixed it. We both agreed at the time
Digital were ripping off the blind because you'd expect something that
costs $1,500 would have someone reasonably competent with electronics
building those things, but when we opened my unit there wasn't much
sauder on the boards, and the wires would often come loose very
easily.

Cheers!