Re: [orca-list] Fwd: Re: Q t enquiries

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 02:02:35PM +0100, Jakob Herrmann wrote:
Hi,

thank you; that makes sense and I am using a 32-bit-version. That
obviously means that I have to install a 32-bit and a 64bit version.

I assume that you're trying to say here that the
distro is 64 bit, but of course the skype binary is 32 bit.

Have you ever done this and can you give me some advise to manage
this? As there are no binary packages yet I have to build the
component; I could e.g. set up a virtual 32-bit installation and
compile it there.

CFLAGS=-m32 CXXFLAGS=-m32 ./configure

note that you will probably need to fiddle with the paths you  install
it to  as well, which will depend on yor distros configuration for
dealing with mixed 32 / 64 bit enviroments and  on where the skype
binary looks.

Trev

Cheers,
Jakob