Re: [orca-list] Different desktop environments

I'm fond of Emacspeak and I like the console but, I would be seriously
inconvenienced if I had to do without a full-featured desktop system.
There are some things that are just easier to do in that environment.
Word processing, presentation creation, listening to music .. Some
stuff is just less of a headache to do with Gnome than in cli.  It's
no accident that the most popular Linux distributions feature
fully-fledged desktops.  Even the really really tiny ones like puppy
linux have GUI tools for their users to make use of.  It's just plain
handy sometimes.

Alex M