Re: [orca-list] Problems with Firefox 10 and Gnome 3

Anna Kausamo <anna m kausamo student jyu fi> wrote:
My organization has installed Orca 3.2.1 to the computer I am supposed to
work with due to my PhD studies. For some reason, Orca can't interpret
Firefox 10 at all. Otherwise it seems to work quite well (e.g in shell and
OpenOffice). The Linux distribution is Fedora 16 with Gnome 3. Does anyone
have any ideas how to solve the problem, or should we try with another
system?

This is a well-known problem. See this mailing list thread:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2011-November/msg00118.html
and try running the following command:
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true
and finally, be sure to post again to this mailing list if the above doesn't
help.