Re: [orca-list] I just added an override regarding the forced disabling of the main window

Robert cole <rkcole72984 gmail com> wrote:
I mean this as kindly as possible. <smile>

I agree with Jason about the window's physical presence. One of the
first things which I do when I get Orca up and running on a fresh
system is to go into the preferences and disable the showing of the
main window.

And just as clarification, Joanie's latest change won't alter the default - it
just provides an override for people who want to display the main window when
the Gnome-supplied autostart file is used. That file is in
/etc/xdg/autostart/orca-autostart.desktop on my system and it's used if you
set org.gnome.desktop.a11y.applications screen-reader-enabled to true.