Re: [orca-list] how to compile notify-osd in ubuntu 11.10

Hello Jose!

Thanks for your instructions; very clear. I followed them, to the letter, and do not have notifications. Instead of orca saying "notify-osd", it's silent, when a notification comes. I suppose, if it's not going to say anything useful, silence is better.

When I built the suggested notify-osd, I was running gnome-fallback. I have, since, switched to unity-2d, and still have no notifications. Maybe I need to pull orca again? I pulled about a week ago.

Thanks,

Dave