[orca-list] at-spi and at-spi2 and arch linux

I'm looking for certain individuals who commented on this problem in the past:  Michael Whapples(mwhapples),
Trevor Saunders, Mike Gorse

Recently, I found that on a vanila arch install, at-spi will not start when at-spi2 is running.  It seems
that at-spi and at-spi2 on arch do not play nice.  An arch package maintainer changed the dependencies and
made brltty compile with at-spi2 rather than at-spi.  Apparently this borked things, as was posted just last
night on this mailing list.  I really don't understand the larger part of this issue.  However, I would like
to direct knowledgeable people to:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/28440

As I said.  I myself don't understand what arch is supposed to do in order to fix this issue and make things
work out of the box like they do(do they?) on other systems.

Thank you,
Timothy