Re: [orca-list] traceback when restarting orca

Hey JosÃ.

On Sun, 2012-02-12 at 06:51 -0200, Josà Vilmar EstÃcio de Souza wrote:

[...]

** (orca:4401): WARNING **: AT-SPI: Error in GetItems,
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus, error=Message did not receive a reply
(timeout by message bus)

This one I see periodically and have for quite some time. Nothing bad
has ever come from it that I am aware of. Furthermore, since a change
made just now in Gtk+ to fix another accessibility issue, I'm not seeing
it in those cases I was before. But I'll keep an eye out for it.

I do find these next items troubling, and they are something I've not
seen before:

process 4401: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call() were
incorrect, assertion "destination == NULL ||
_dbus_check_is_valid_bus_name (destination)" failed in file
../../dbus/dbus-message.c line 1203.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
process 4401: arguments to dbus_connection_send_with_reply() were
incorrect, assertion "message != NULL" failed in file
../../dbus/dbus-connection.c line 3349.

But I'm also using Orca master in the expected version of GNOME (i.e.
GNOME 3.3.5 at the moment) using either the standard/official versions
of the libraries in GNOME 3.3.5 or in some cases the versions of those
libraries from master. So perhaps what you are seeing is the result of
using an earlier version of a library that something somewhere is not
expecting and/or which has a bug in it. Then again, it might be a real
bug in a current version. So.... I guess the thing to do is to keep on
the lookout for the errors, try to find a 100% reliable test case, and
I'll see if I can reproduce it. If I cannot, and if other uses of
Precise cannot, we may have to chalk it up to your environment.

Sorry I don't have a better answer. :-/ Take care.
--joanie