Re: [orca-list] Firefox needlessly produces chatter with orca

Dave is correct. The Location bar can be set to suggest nothing at all when you type in a Web address. To change the setting for the Location bar, do the following:

  1. Under the Edit menu, go to Preferences (ALT+E, then press N).
  2. Within the Preferences window, right-arrow to the Privacy tab.
  3. Press ALT+U to place the focus on the combo box for the Location Bar settings. The label for the combo box reads, "When using the location bar, suggest:".
  4. Press the down arrow until the option reading "Nothing" is selected.
  5. Press ENTER.

This should avail you of the reading out of things as you type in the Location Bar as you type.

Hope this helps.

Take care.