[orca-list] Tunderbird and automatically quoting messages [was "Re: about the new sonar distro"]

To stop having Thunderbird automatically quote the message you're
replying to, go into Edit -> Account Settings and arrow down to the
account you want to change and the Composition and Addressing sub
section. Here just uncheck the automatically quote message option.

I really hope you don't do this though. I find it really frustrating
when I get a message that looks interesting, but I have no idea what
they're talking about because there's no context and I can't tell what
they're referring to. I think it's far better to just delete the
irrelevant material by hand, but leave the information needed for
someone to understand your message.

Also, I'd suggest asking a question like this in it's own message. I
almost didn't read to the bottom of your email, and almost missed this
question.