Re: [orca-list] Latex and LibreOffice on ubuntu 12.04 LTS

JAMES AUSTIN <james londonsw15 gmail com> wrote:

Do any of you use LaTeX on Ubuntu? I have used it for a long time on OS X, and wonder if the experience is
comparable?

I have been using it under debian for a long time, which is why I don't use
word processors anymore.

I would recommend AUCTeX mode in Emacs, with Emacspeak for speech output. If
you have a braille display, be sure to run Emacs in a console - it isn't
accessible under X11.

I use Git to keep my LateX documents under revision control. Hunspell seems to
be the preferred spelling checker these days; it's the default in Firefox,
LibreOffice and a variety of other applications, but it can also process
TeX/LaTeX files.