Re: [orca-list] installing linux on the mac

if it were not so technical i would use ubuntu on the mac for things like mail because i hate the way mailboxes seem to get duplicated in lion, causing mail to vanish from mail boxes and for recording dvds which can be played on a standard dvd player using devede as i have yet to find some equivalent for the mac and use mac osx for things like skype as skype is or maybe was difficult to set up in ubuntu without sighted assistance unless someone can now tell me if the latest ubuntu version 12 allows this to be done with a little more ease.

----- Original Message -----
From: Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com
To: orca-list gnome org
Date sent: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:55:35 -0400
Subject: Re: [orca-list] installing linux on the mac

I've been wondering for the last 7 years why in the world Apple
decided
to give their computers the exact same hardware as a PC, but made
it
extremely difficult to install your desired OS onto them. And I
thought
Microsoft was the king of proprietarianism. Looks like they were
deposed
from the throne by Apple a long time ago.
~Kyle