Re: [orca-list] Another thought on the preferences dialog info gathering

One option that comes to mind which has an unclear description is the "speak object nemonics" check box. When I first came across this one I thought, ok, in menus and such, orca will say x of x. Instead it says the keyboard shortcut for the item if there is one, alt+f for file, etc. If you want numbers, I think you have to enable the "speak child position" check box. I have used orca's reincarnation of the prefs dialogue in gnome 3, ubuntu, fedora, etc. I have no problems like it and like teh way it's layed out. This was just one item I thought might need to be renamed or clarified. Maybe rename speak object nemonics" WHich is kind of developer speak, no offense, to something like, "speak object shortcut keys" or " speak item short cut keys". I like the orca key bindings dialogue, it's not confusing. It is a bit laggy sometimes, but this is probably an at-spi2/collections/whatever issue, not orca.
Just my two cents
Thanks
Kendell clark