Re: [orca-list] password managers

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 01:19:43PM -0500, Alex Midence wrote:
Hi,

Well, I haven't used this, mind but from what I saw, KDE's KWallet
looked pretty accessible to me last time I checked.  You have to
clone the qt-at-spi bridge to make sure you get the latest and
greatest and then do the qmake, make, sudo make install routine to
overwrite the one that comes with the distro but, even if you don't
do that, I think the one that they have in the ppa's is suitable for
this.  What I don't know is if you'll get a ton of other stuff
installed when you go and fetch the application.  Ah, the times we
live in when KDE has made such nice long strides in accessibility
that it's kicking gnome's butt in one application's a11y if the
tales told be true.  C'est drôle, mes ami!

Regards,
Alex M

----- Original Message ----- From: Andy B.
To: orca-list gnome org
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 7:01 AM
Subject: [orca-list] password managers

HI.
I am considering installing Ubuntu 12.04 on a partition on my
laptop. One of the main showstoppers for me right now is the lack of
an accessible password or private information manager. I tried
passwords and keys that come with Ubuntu, but it is not detailed
enough. I then tried keypass2 and password gorilla, but they are
inaccessible. I considered using tomboy notes, but the notebooks are
not encrypted in any way. Does anyone have any ideas?

The manual is at