Re: [orca-list] orca character and word echo does not work in gnome-terminal

Hi Alex,

On 12/04/2012, Alex Midence <alex midence gmail com> wrote:
Alpine works best in Speakup.  One thing you might try in terminal
though is to go into the configuration settings and make sure your
cursor is visible.  It takes some time to get to the right setting as
there are many many customizations and the interface is quite
primitive so, it's all on one page and not in pages of a dialog

I have 3 questions here which can be termed totally off list so you
can reply me privately.
1, I don't really know where to find the said configuration.  I tryed
in settings for cursor but did not get it.
2, Can I just install speakup in Ubuntu and expect it to work out of the box?
3, I wish to know if I can set alpine to sort my emails by decending dates?
I would also like the list to just have the subject and the flags such
as "n,a,d" etc. along with sender.
Can this be set and how?

I too find this a potentially perfect tool for my emails, although I
am thinking of giving mutt a try.
But really echo by word is extremly important for me when I am
composing or replying an email.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.