[orca-list] still pondering over compiling orca in ubuntu 11.10

hello all,
I wish to setup Ubuntu 11.10 over a few friend's machine.
They are totally blind and would give Orca a try.
They are not expert enough to do a lot of configurations and makes so
I wish to help out.
I am going to install 11.10 and put which ever latest version of orca I can put.
I just have 2 questions.
1, can I get the latest version of firefox that has all the latest
fixes?  I am extremly pleased with the way firefox has worked with
Ubuntu presise off late and wish that it is available on 11.10 also.
2, which latest Orca can I build on 11.10 and how?  I remember some
discussions happened on this list about issues with pyatspi and
pygobject.
Can some one give me exact apt-get installs for necessary packages?
if source code needs to be compiled, I can do it as well provided
exact steps are available.
note that I have the entire Ubuntu 11.10 mirror on my local network so
getting large number of softwares is not a big issue for me.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.