Re: [orca-list] Orca Failing over Fedora 16 (pre-beta)

Thanks, Joanmarie. Glad to hear you're succeeding with Orca on Fedora
16. Given that info, I may try a clean install in the next few days. As
things stand, I went from Fedora 15 to Fedora 16 using yum, so it's
possible something didn't upgrade correctly.

Meanwhile, it's reassuring to hear I'm just encountering something
others are also seeing.

Janina

Joanmarie Diggs writes:
Hi Janina.

This

      from gtk import _gtk
      /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:40:
      Warning: g_type_get_qdata: assertion `node != NULL' failed
        from gtk import _gtk
    /usr/bin/orca: line 113: 21658 Segmentation fault
    /usr/bin/python -c "import orca.orca; orca.orca.main()" "$ARGS"

indicates that something is causing it to give up on using the proper
Gtk+ 3 python bindings. I'm not sure what might be causing that. I'm
running Fedora 16 with Orca without any problem. But I'll see what I can
figure out. For what it's worth, some people are seeing similar issues
with Accerciser so there is much interest in getting to the bottom of
this anomaly.

Thanks for the report! Take care.
--joanie

--

Janina Sajka,   Phone:  +1.443.300.2200
                sip:janina asterisk rednote net

Chair, Open Accessibility       janina a11y org
Linux Foundation                http://a11y.org

Chair, Protocols & Formats
Web Accessibility Initiative    http://www.w3.org/wai/pf
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)