Re: [orca-list] Compilation Help

Hi Steve,

My guess is that you're missing pygobject 3, as I mentioned in an earlier message.

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011, Steve Holmes wrote:

Upon further study, I see that Orca tries to import dbus from
gi.repository.Gio.  Is there any reason for this? I think that's why I
can't build Orca.  dbus-python is most definitely installed and I can
do a 'import dbus' from with an interactive python shell as long as I
do it with python 2.7.

I personally think gobject-introspection is somehow broken or there
are some other dependencies I still don't know about and have not been
specified when building the package.  I see no file anywhwere on my
system called gi.repository.Gio.  I would have figured maybe a
directory called gi and another called repository or something but no
way.  So what might I be missing?