Re: [orca-list] Arch Linux Problems

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:

I'm beginning to question the integrity of my python environment
because it can't find dbus either and I do definitely have dbus-python
installed.  So I'm still dead in the water.

If you run Python form the shell and then
import sys
print sys.path
this will show you in which directories it looks by default for Python code.

The various Python-related packages should all be installed in locations where
they can be found via the default path. In debian, at least, this is all
prescribed in distribution policies; and this is one reason why I prefer
debian - there's a policy document, violations of which are treated as serious
bugs that have to be fixed.

I don't know how Arch handles Python packages but I would hope that it is
similar.