[orca-list] my arch and orca issues

Hello,
I attempted to build orca from git after my system update this morning (I hadn't recived Steve's list-message yet).

Everything built.  Do to today's package updates, both pyatspi and orca from git, which haven't built for the past few weeks, successfully completed the
build process.

Unfortunately, speech was kicking out soon after orca was loading in.  I managed to retrive the information from the wiki on enabling debugging
information and copied it to my orca-customizations.py file (I did the editing with speakup on the text terminal).

Interestingly, with debugging enabled, I don't experience the speech loss.  If I comment out the debug lines, I get the speech loss problems.

Potentially relevent information:
desktop: gnome-3 (regular, not unstable as far as I know)
AUR packages: atk-git, at-spi2-core-git, at-spi2-atk-git, pyatspi-git, orca-git
testing and community-testing repos both enabled.
package dbus-python installed (version 0.84.0-1).

lcode used to enable debugging at the end of my orca-customizations.py file:
# Add debugging stuff.
try:
  import time
  import orca.debug
except ImportError:
  message = "failed to loade module."
  display (message)
else:
  orca.debug.debugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_ALL
  orca.debug.eventDebugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_OFF
  orca.debug.debugFile = open(time.strftime('debug-%Y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S.out'), 'w', 0)

Would a copy of my debug___.out files be of any assistence?
(A) in determining why I only get consistent speech with debugging enabled?
(B) in helping sort out some of the other problems people are having getting orca to work on archlinux.