Re: [orca-list] a little thunderbird help please

On 9/28/11, Christopher Chaltain <chaltain gmail com> wrote:
Try going into your folder list, and arrow down to your In Box. Press
the applications key (or shift+f10) and make sure "favorite folder" is
ticked. I think this will bring you into your In Box when you start
Thunderbird. If you end up in the welcome screen, I think control+w will
close it for you.

I'm not sure what you mean by saving your messages on the IMAP server. I
use Thunderbird with both IMAP on GMail and my company's IMAP server,
and everything gets stored on the IMAP server. If I move a message to a
folder, I use alt+m, arrow down to move and then right arrow on my GMail
or my company's account. I can then arrow to the folder on the IMAP
server where I want the message stored. What email provider are you
using (GMail) and what messages are you talking about?