[orca-list] a little thunderbird help please

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but not sure where else.

How do you force thunderbird to save messages on the imap server rather then saving them locally? I've yet to figure this out and would like to fix this...

Also, how do you make it so the thunderbird starts at the inbox rather then it's welcome screen? Ideally i'd like to see my inbox on startup, not the welcome screen.