Re: [orca-list] The Orca Wiki, building Orca in Arch Linux, and a Question about Open Solaris

Hey Storm,
Apollogies if anyone else has already chimed in since my last digest delivery :-)

I find building orca and related packages from sourse easiest with the Arch user repository (AUR) packages.  Some of the members here have taken the time to generate arch build-scripts for some of the basic accessiblity related pagackages:

at-spi2-core-git, at-spi2-atk-git, pyatspi [Michael Whapples], orca-git and speech-dispatcher-git [Steve holmes].

There may be others of which I am not aware, but the repository is quite extensive.

After you download the apropriate buildscript, make sure you have the base-devel group installed and run "makeppkg --syncdeps" in the same directory as the PKGBUILD file.  You might also need to enable the testing repos in you pacman.conf to ensure correct dependencies with orca.  I tried building a few days ago and it told me gtk wasn't new enough, and I'm just on the base repos.

Hope this Helps:-)